Materials needed: set of tails, dremel tool w/ cutting bit, lighting plastic(found at Home Depot), silicone glue, about 20 pennies
Time to do: 1-2 hours based on experience
1. Remove tailights from the car by unhooking the wiring harness and unbolting 4 bolts per taillight.
2. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Farhenheit
3. Place tailight in oven for 3 minutes and set the timer(Place the tailight on a pan so it doesnt sit on the grill. DO NOT leave it in there for more than 3-5 minutes at a time!)
4. Remove tailight and pry it open with a flat head screwdriver.(TIP: Start by prying apart the bottom of the tail first, where the plastic clips are located. Stick pennies in the crevices that you form with the screwdriver to hold the crevices open)
5. After you have gotten the bottom pried open slightly, begin working around the side that goes towards the inner trunk next. After that side and the bottom are pried open as much as you can begin to pull the two pieces of the tail apart.(TIP: use a nice withe a serated edge to cut the glue when it stretches when you are pulling the two pieces of the tailight apart if necessary)
6. Once the glue has cooled off repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 until the tailight is fully opened(WARNING: DO NOT try to continue to pry the tailight open after the glue has cooled off, you WILL i.l.a.ç your tailight this way. Take your time and put it back in the oven as many times as necessary. Do not try to rush this process.)
7. Using your finger or something blunt, push the amber piece out of the tailight.
8. Trace the amber/clear piece that you popped out of the tailight onto the clear lighting plastic. Using a dremel with a cutting bit, cut out the piece you traced.
9. Fit it into the tailight where the amber piece used to be(you will most likely have to trim it down a little bit)
10. Glue it into place in the tailight using the silicone glue
11. Place both pieces of the tailight back into the oven for 3 minutes, when its done push the two piece of the tailight back together and your finished(TIP: If the two pieces wont push back together all of the way, you are going to have to peel off some of Honda's glue from the top(RED) piece)